Thanks to the five faculty members from Chemistry (Dr. Lisa Hibbard, Dr. Kimberly Jackson), Math (Dr. Viveka Borum, Dr. Fred Bowers), and Physics (Dr. Michael Burns-Kaurin) who are willing to accommodate our Pre-UTAs in Fall 2014, we will begin the classroom observation from 10/20 (Monday) to 11/7 (Friday).
Here's the letter to the Pre-UTAs for your reference:
Observations will begin during the week of October 20, 2014 - November 7, 2014. Please see instructions below. After completing Step 1 in the instructions, click on this link Google document (the invitation email has been delivered to the email address you provided.)and select 5 available day and times by 1pm on Friday (10/17). Note: Remember if you are in one of Drs. Borum, Bowers, Hibbard, Jackson, or Burns-Kaurin classes then you can observe their class. You must select at least one day and time from each subject (chemistry, math, and physics). Once we get your selections, Dr. Borum and I will create a schedule and email you this information. Do not hesitate to email us with any questions.
Instructions for Pre-UTA training:
1. Click on link and Please fill out the Consent form and Pre-UTA survey (takes about 5 minutes) and email back by Friday: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1BeRTUuCcpU32m8SYcnOy0UCU2Toy-b-D_oNXXUPArbk/viewform
2. Watch this 4-minute youtube link on how to complete the Pre-UTA observational form. Observational form instructions video: http://youtu.be/Rdm3zpC8BDk
3. Download and fill out the observation form for EACH class you will be observing.
3. Attend THREE classes that are assigned to you (at least two different disciplines CHE, PHY, and MAT). If you haven't done so, fill out Google document available slot. (I intentionally posted everyone's email address in this email, because the invitation email has been delivered to the email address you provided.)
4. Fill out the post-survey (will be sent after three observations are completed).
Your $100 stipend will be completed and sent out for disbursement (We will inform you when you can pick up your stipend).
If you have any questions , feel free to contact Dr. Borum (firstname.lastname@example.org) or myself, Dr. Sung (email@example.com)"